- 2 slices S.Rosen’s rye bread
- 4 oz corned beef.
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
Guinness BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Guinness Draught
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup apple vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder (for some heat)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
Honey Mustard Cabbage Slaw Ingredients
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ cup of mayo
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
How to Prepare Guinness BBQ Sauce:
- Assemble all ingredients, except the Guinness and brown sugar, in a bowl.
- Pour Guinness in a medium-high preheated pan, once it starts to bubble add the brown sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes at medium high heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the beginning of simmer then reduce heat to medium and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
How to Prepare Honey Mustard Cabbage Slaw:
Whisk together all ingredients, except the cabbages, until smooth. Add sliced cabbage into mixture and stir to combine.
How to Prepare Sandwiches:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For each sandwich: Place 2 rye bread slices on baking sheet, top one with corned beef, brush with Guinness BBQ sauce, and top with pepper jack cheese. Bake in over for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve top with coleslaw and second slice of rye bread